Sunday, December 28, 2008

Legends of the Slik Road




Last week, my father, my brother, and I went to see "Legends of the Slik Road─Treasures From Xinjiang", an exhibition at National Museum of History.

Our main purpose, of course, is to see "The Beauty of Loulan", a female mummy which was found in Lolan in China. In the exhibition, there is a baby mummy, too. Due to the desert in Xinjiang is extermely dry, the bodies and the ancient things such as silk skirts, shoes, paintings, and figures can last completely for thousands of years.

The Beauty of Loulan is more beautiful than I think. Her skin is dark and bright which looks like leather. Her hair ,nails, skin and eyebrow can be saw clearly.

After watching the exhibition, my family and I went to see the Botanical Garden near the National Museum of History. It was a leisured afternoon, many parents brought their childerns and pets to the garden. There were also many painters and photographers who tried to catch the fantastic scenes in the garden.

Later, we spent the rest of our time in a Dante coffee shop. This is our favorite way to spend our time with family members.

It was a nice weekend I had.

No comments: