Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Useful Concordance

Yesterday, our English teacher taught us a convenience way to learn the usage of words. We have learned a lot of phrases and words, but we only memorize them instead of knowing how to use them.

The teacher offered us some websites to find out how the words being used by people. We just have to key in the phrases or words, and then the system will search all its data bank for them. Without few seconds, hundreds of sentences are found. Therefore, we can see how the words were used in the magazines, reports ,or essaies.

Those websites are truely usefull to me. I have never thought of the way to learn words and phrases, but I have been troubled with the problem that I could not use the words I had learned for a long time. Consequently, I am thankful of my teacher.

No comments: