Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sophie's World

http://www.books.com.tw/exep/prod/booksfile.php?item=0010006640
This Tuesday, we had a lecture course about philosophy. The teacher mentioned about a book named "Sophie's World" that aroused my memory about the book.

I had read Sophie's World when I was eleven years old. I still remember at that time, I borrowed this book at library just because its beautiful cover and its name. I had never thought about that this book had triggered my curiosity about philosophy. Besides Sophie's World, I later read several other books written by the author such as"The Children From Sukhavati " and "The Solitaire Mystery". All of the books are about philosophy. Those books had made me view things more deeply and widely since I was a little girl. Therefore, I would like to introduce you this great book.

Sophie's world is a famous philosophy book written by Jostein Gaarder which I strongly recommend.

It is a story about a fourteen years old girl, Sophie, came back home and found a mystery letter. There was only one line on the paper"Who are you?" "Where the world come from?"
Those questions motivated Sophie to think more. Later, she began to learn philosophy with the man who sent her the letters.

It is fun that the writer named the main character Sophie which means wisdom in Greek. Only those who have widom will seek for the truth.

This book uses an interesting way to guide readers follow Sophie to enter the door of philosohy.
Therefore, I inroduce you the book which worth reading.

No comments: